Let’s make a fort!
The squeals of my grandchildren flew out of the toy room. I laughed, remembering last time the living room carpet became the shark ocean and the couch was a ship to sail around the world. I remember my own daughters looking forward to pruning days because that meant tree-forts outside.
Not sure what it would look like today, but I do know it will be their way. I guess I could give them directions on how to build the best forts, but I won’t. I just watch. I always watch, because they have something I don’t have. Their creativity, their imagination, and the opportunity to build their confidence belongs to them.
I can tell you what I do know.
- They are making decisions.
- They are using their imagination.
- They are problem-solving.
- They are making sense of the real world.
- They are using math and physics skills.
- They are having discussions.
- They are learning teamwork.
- They use project analysis and project management.
- They are accomplishing a task.
- And they are having fun.
But I won’t get into that today. Let’s just let them play.
Today it has become a puppet fort. Tomorrow? Not sure.
There is a meeting about that.
Always leave a little sparkle wherever you go…
Thank you Frank for this fun photo challenge about building today.
The Daily Post: Sparkle